R&D Engineer - Medical Devices - Switzerland
Location: North Switzerland
Salary: Negotiable 70-95k CHF.
Research & Development Engineering is as varied a field as engineering itself. They design new products and technology.
R&D Engineer duties will depend on the branch of engineering in which they work, as well as the industry in which the research engineer works. In this job description, the engineers conceptualize and design products for the cardio- vascular medical device world.
This often includes conducting research and collaborating with others to identify market needs. They also work to improve the performance and efficiency of existing products.
The primary responsibility of R&D engineers is to create a product design that fulfils the product specifications within certain rules and regulations.
- Receives broad technical and administrative direction from Sr. Research & Development Engineer.
- Develop new product concepts and products.
- Engineering design and process development.
- Generate intellectual property, write invention disclosures.
- Initial research duties for a R&D Engineer include identifying the needs and goals for a new product, from function to aesthetics.
- The R&D Engineer often coordinate with market researchers and materials suppliers to evaluate market needs, existing competition and potential costs.
- Responsible for locating fruitful areas for relevant research and development with little guidance.
- The R&D Engineer supports the development of medical device products with work including writing or verifying specifications, designing and/or specifying new products, fixtures, test processes, equipment and specifying raw materials to ensure the concepts and/or prototypes meet their requirements.
- Create a design and fabricate models that can be tested.
- Experiment with and analyse different materials, manufacturing processes, design tolerances and other factors in the developmental process.
- After refining and reviewing initial designs, product development engineers deliver specifications and procedures to manufacturing teams who can then begin production.
- Provides technical support on components, material methods, systems and equipment.
- Develops physical and functional test requirements to ensure specifications and regulations are met.
- Writes, reviews and approves protocols, reports and data.
- Conducts testing outlined in protocols and test methods.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Must have five+ or more years of Research Engineering experience in medical device industry.
- Must have experience in the design and development of cardio-vascular medical devices.
- Must have extended knowledge on all ICH, GMP, and other International regulations.
- Experience reading and preparing technical documentation.
- Working knowledge of Product and Process development, Risk Management, Design Validation and Regulatory Systems.
- Good working knowledge of medical device materials and processes.
- Experience with balloon catheters & Stent systems required.
- Experience with design controls, including writing protocols and report to support verification and validation activities for product commercialization required.
- Knowledge of standard machine shop equipment and processes, and working knowledge of medical device manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Working knowledge of materials used in the cardio- vascular medical device industry.
- Project management, self-starter and self-organizer.
- Excellent problem solving and design skill.
- Liaise and work effectively with Sales & Marketing, Regulatory, DA, QA and other critical functions to form a cohesive project Team ensuring all inputs and requirements are considered.
VALIDATION / R&D / DEVELOPMENT / DESIGN / PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT / CERTIFICATION / IVD / IVDR / MDD / MEDICAL DEVICES / ISO 13485 / AUDITOR / AUDITING / ASSESSOR / NB / CE / CE MARKING / TECHNICAL / REVIEWER / SPECIALIST / CLINICAL / BIOMEDICAL / MEDICAL / HEALTHCARE / SCIENTIFIC / ENGINEER / ENGINEERING / CERTIFICATION / NOTIFIED BODY / USA / UK / UNITED KINGDOM / EUROPE / Amsterdam, rotterdam, Eindhoven, Antwerp, Maastricht, leuven, breda, Alkmaar, Netherlands, Europe, drachten, Arnhem, Leeuwarden, Groningen, assen, leiden, holland, arnhem, nederland, Nijmegen / FRANCE, PARIS, MONACO, MONTPELLIER, PERPIGNAN, GRENOBLE, TOULON, TOULOUSE, LYON, DIJON, LILLE, BORDEAUX, ORLEANS LE MANS, NANTES, BREST, RENNES, LIMOGES, GENEVA, EUROPE, BRUSSELS, BELGIUM, GHENT / GENK / AUSTRIA / ANTWERP / BRUGES / MONS / LEUVEN / RENNES, CAEN, DIJON, MARSEILLE, CLERMONT, LA ROCHELLE, BREST, STRASBOURG, GRENOBLE, LUXEMBORG, GENEVA, CALAIS, AMIENS, VERSAILLES, ORLEANS, BOURGES, LE MANS, LE HARVE, LENS, VANNES, POITIERS, NIORT, MACON, DREUX, EVREUX, BEAUVAIS, COMPIEGNE, CHARTRES, BLOIS, TROYES, FECAMP, SENS / MUNICH, BERLIN, FRANKFURT, DUSSELDORF, MANNHEIM, BREMEN, BONN, HAMBURG, BREMEN, STUTTGART, DORTMUND,LEIPZIG,HANOVER,NURNBERG, LEVERKUSEN, FREIBURG, WOLFSBURG, HOFFENHEIM, AUGSBURG, NURNBERG, WIESBADEN, FURTH, COLOGNE, WURZBURG, Recklinghausen, DARMSTADT / MAINZ / HANAU / RHEIN / KOBLENZ / BUTZBACH / SAARBRUCKEN / METZ / HEIDELBERG / KARLSRUHE / BASEL / ESSEN / MUNSTER / BIELEFELD / LUXEMBURG / BRUNSWICK / WOLFSBURG / DRESDEN / CHEMNITZ / BAMBERG / ULM / ROSENHEIM / AUSTRIA / VEINNA / KOPENHAGEN / STOCKHOLM / ITALY/ROME/MILAN/PALERMO/SAN / MARINO/BOLOGNA/GENOA/MONACO/VENICE/VERONA/TURIN/NAPLES / SWISS / SWITZERLAND / GENEVA / BERN / ZURICH / LUSERNE / BIENNE / BASEL
- Design Development
- Global R&D
- Medical Devices
- Product Development