A Polymer Chemist is required to join one of the world's major suppliers of speciality and emulsion polymers, supporting leadership positions in many market segments, including coatings, construction, textiles, paper and synthetic latex for gloves. The company is active in all major industrial regions of the globe: Europe, North America, South America, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Polymer Chemist Responsibilities:
- Plan & execute experimental project work to support the speciality chemical group to develop products, applications and knowledge.
- Pro-actively identify, report on and improve related issues in the laboratory environment using tools and systems following strict EHS procedures.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external contacts/clients/customers and provide on-going project status updates.
- Support the development projects of speciality polymer based products and application testing methods.
- Develop and maintain awareness in relevant technical fields.
- Support NPD and innovation process through idea submission and idea development.
Polymer Chemist Requirements
- You must possess a degree qualification in Chemistry (BSc/MSc/MChem) or closely related field of study.
- A solid understanding of organic chemistry - specifically applying knowledge to polymer synthesis projects in a commercial laboratory environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to both work well in group projects or independent work assignments.
In return the company can provide a fantastic opportunity to develop new skills within R&D and offer on-going career development with structured progression plans in place. £Comp + competitive pension + bonus + medical health care + 25 days annual leave
- R&D chemist
- additive formulation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job