An opportunity has arisen for a talented R&D Chemist to join a specialist coatings organisation at their state of the art facility in Cornwall. As an R&D Chemist you will work within the R&D team, working on the formulations of surface coatings for a number of different applications. You will also be responsible for coordinating projects from concept through to manufacturing and production. In order to be successful as an R&D Chemist you should possess commercial manufacturing experience ideally from an inks, coatings or adhesives industry and hold a chemistry related qualification.
R&D Chemist Responsibilities:
- Formulation and design of functional surface coatings, adhesives & Inks.
- Coordinating projects from conception through to commercial acceptance.
- Evaluating raw materials efficiently & selecting for formulation.
- Producing pilot coatings & employing test procedures for establishing performance.
- Working with other key Technical, Production & Sales personnel to ensure the effective flow of information within the business.
R&D Chemist Requirements:
- Possess commercial experience ideally from an inks, coatings or adhesives industry.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment, where there is a requirement to understand technical processes.
- Ideally educated to a degree level within a chemistry or closely related discipline.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill.
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 + Excellent Benefits - Company Bonus - Company Pension - Private Healthcare - Relocation Package (if applicable)
Working Hours: Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 05:00pm
If you feel you have the skills required for this role please contact Lewis at Cranleigh Scientific , or e-mail with your CV
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"