Our client, a niche manufacturing business based near to Bolton, are looking for an experienced Quotations Officer who will manage the process of taking engineering drawings, bills of materials and written briefs, translating and formulating into a quotation. You will work closely with the sales, engineering and production teams, utilising knowledge of specified products.
The role will involve using a stringent document management system where authorisation processes are tracked, recorded and updated onto the system, improving overall quality.
- Manage the process of taking drawings and written briefs and offering a prompt and accurate quotation
- Producing a full Bill of Materials, itemising all products, part numbers and codes as well as prices
- Develop cost and list price matrices to deliver consistent and timely customer quotations
- Develop firm relationships internally and externally to increase communication and productivity
- Maintain accurate paperwork and job files to facilitate smooth transition to other departments
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Proven experience in manufacturing or quoting field is essential
- A related undergraduate degree would be desirable though not essential
- Experience of producing Bill of Materials for quotes
- Comfortable with reading and interpreting CAD drawings as well as Excel & Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines
- Energetic, friendly, outgoing, proactive personality
- Manufacturing , engineering or an electronics background would be a distinct advantage
- Willing to learn and grow with the company
- BOM creation
- Technical Drawings
"Office Assistant jobs in London"