Residential Estimator/ QS
Backed by Aviva, Opun is the UK’s only assured end-to-end home improvement digital services platform, targeting the UK’s £44bn a year home improvement market with a new, ambitious and radical approach to deliver service efficiency.
It is our aim to become the UK’s Number 1 Home Improvement provider and brand by 2020. International expansion is also planned. The business has won a host of prestigious awards and we are increasingly recognised as the disruptive presence that the industry needs.
We are now looking to recruit a Residential Estimator / QS to work across a diverse range of building projects for the domestic market. The successful candidate will have sound commercial knowledge of pricing and quoting for lofts and extension.
Based from our offices in London Bridge your primary responsibilities will be to;
- Manage and support the quotation pipeline for all works undertaken as a business
- Utilise best practice tools and processes, including the use of technology, to benchmark and produce customer estimates/quotations
- Undertake costs analysis working with our internal teams, Trade Partners and Customers to achieve a speedy resolution to any queries that are raised
- Provide early cost advice to client on variations
- Maintain accurate paperwork and data to facilitate smooth transition to completion
- Support the business aims to move to a rapid turnaround of quotations using pre-established templates and/ or through the development of technology.
- Understand the Customer's requirements and offer suggestions/solutions or improvements to their ideas
- Understand health and safety regulations
- Build strong relationships with Customers, Trade Partners and our Suppliers
To be successful in the role, you must have a broad range of experience within all categories of Domestic Projects including, Fit Out, Construction, Build and Refurbishment. It would be advantageous if you had previous experience in working for a main or sub contractor using quotation software such as EPP. What is though, is a desire to do more for your customers and have the motivation to see through multiple projects simultaneously.
Qualifications and misc:
- Good understanding of building technology and construction processes
- Strong IT skills, particularly Outlook Email, Calendar and Microsoft Excel
- Organised, with good time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Can adapt to different tasks quickly, efficiently and confidently
- Capable of working in an autonomous or team orientated environment
- Interpret information and instructions correctly and carry out tasks accordingly