Looking for an opportunity to lead from the front? Looking to make your mark with a growing organisation? If so, read on as this could be the role for you!
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We’re currently looking for a Quarry Manager to join our team at the Brotherton Quarry near Leeds.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
Duties and Key
The Quarry Manager will ensure that Brotherton Quarry operates in a way that is both safe and productive, constantly adhering to Health and Safety guidelines whilst keeping production levels at a required standard.
Your role will also involve:
- Operating the Quarry in accordance with the Health and Safety document
- Ensuring management control and supervision of all activities on site
- Reporting accidents to the manager and investigate the circumstances
- Ensuring that daily inspection books are completed and defects reported
- Liaising with Operations Manager and the Health and Safety Representative on Health and Safety issues at the workplace
- Working in accordance with Environmental Management System and promoting environmentally considerate work practices
- Developing and promoting good communications and professional relationships between all levels of staff and employees on site
- Planning, organising and directing drill and blast resources in a safe and cost effective manner
- Ensuring that employee timesheets are recorded accurately and processed in a timely manner
- Checking that the quarry's production levels are maintained safely to schedule
- Balancing sales and output by liaising with sales and commercial teams
- Altering the quarry's production system in accordance with the materials required
- Maintaining up-to-date records and dealing with a range of paperwork
- Ensuring that key Health and Safety legislation (Quarries Regulations 1999), implemented throughout the site
- Keeping up to date with relevant legislation and industry developments
- Maintaining the inspection systems and checklists in accordance with the IMS system
- Closely monitoring all areas of the quarry to ensure that extraction and processing work is carried out to the highest standard
- Undertaking regular site inspections and risk assessments in order to comply with all health and safety regulations and our IMS system
- Examining the materials produced to ensure that a high quality of product is maintained
To be considered as Quarry Manager, you will need:
- Experience in quarrying.
- To hold/be studying toward extractives QCF level 4 and be prepared to advance to a level 5 or present-day equivalent qualification
- Be a member of the Institute of Quarrying
- Technical acknowledge/experience on mobile machines, and fixed plants
Other organisations may call this role Quarry Supervisor, Supervising Quarry Manager, Quarry Lead, or Senior Quarry Supervisor.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Quarry Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'