In this role, you will primarily be responsible for all the commercial and/or operational aspects of the contracts allocated to you by your Manager. You will be offering commercial advice to the local operational team and assisting the Senior Quantity Surveyor in assessing more complex works/claims.
You will be carrying out site measurements, estimating and producing month-end valuation documentation and assessing payment applications up to £100K in value.
- Commercially responsible for up to £10 million spend
- Direct management responsibility for 2 FTE
- Ensure Thames Water meets all its contractual, legal and commercial obligations
- Provide commercial advice to local operational teams
- Engage with and advise professional service colleagues such as Senior Management Accountants and Operations Managers,
- Safeguarding Thames Water against claims in excess of £1 million per annum
- Deliver efficiency savings to Thames Water of £1 million per annum
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is required for this role
- This role requires someone who is enthusiastic and can take ownership of tasks, think on their feet, devise plans of action and deliver effective solutions
- You must always be able to work semi-autonomously and be professional
- It is essential that you are inquisitive and have meticulous attention to detail
- You should have the ability to hold your ground and offer reasoned advice in a fast-paced environment
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure and the water industry is preferable
You will be working within an established team you will gain insight into how the UK’s largest water company selects and manages its suppliers across a wide spectrum of services, from supplying pumps to repairing leaks and recruiting temporary staff through to managing our facilities or treatment plant upgrades.
You will be a part of a highly professional Quantity Surveying team empowered to make decisions and responsible for all commercial aspects of their Contracts. The role will provide a diverse range of Quantity Surveying duties in pre and post Contract areas.
You would be expected to have an interest in becoming a Chartered Quantity Surveyor. You will be supported by a network of several Chartered Quantity Surveyors, RICS APC assessors and colleagues studying to become MRICS and FRICS.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local communities, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements, and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'