Our client is currently looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor within their team on a Permanent Basis.
The salary for this role is Negotiable.
The Quantity Surveyor will have responsibility for all commercial aspects of the East business from prequalification, to tender/proposal to commercial delivery of the project and then to final account close out. The Quantity Surveyor will have a key role in supporting the Commercial Manager to successfully deliver the business objectives for profitability and growth.
* Responsibility for the recruitment and development of the estimating & project commercial personnel.
* Implementation of standard estimating, cost control and management systems across the business.
* Supporting the Business Operations Director in the development of the business strategy.
* Review of the commercial conditions during the tender phase, build up the cost estimates and risk reviews.
* Ensure Bid/No Bid Reviews and Bid Reviews are coordinated in a timely manner and outcomes recorded.
* Strong liaison with Business Development to ensure correct shaping of tenders and proposals for Client.
* Strong liaison with all elements of the Business to ensure effective bids are developed, these to include Construction Managers, Planning, HR, HSEQ, Facility Manager and intended Project Managers.
* Strong liaison with other business units to develop cross business systems and bidding opportunities.
* Hold weekly meetings to review status of future/present enquiries, outstanding bids, workloads and communicate outcomes effectively to all stakeholders.
* Lead bid proposals and tender negotiations with potential clients and develop long term relationships with key clients.
* Development of contract specific commercial strategies.
* Leadership of the project commercial teams in contract management and administration.
* Lead and manage effective project contract and commercial change control.
* Implementation of regular project commercial reviews and audits.
* Preparation of the business commercial and cost reports.
* Interface with customers on main contract issues.
* Ensuring early warning of commercial problems and issues.
* Responsible for the commercial site teams.
* Commercial interface with the Company Legal Advisor.
* Commercial interface with the Project Managers.
* Procurement Manager for materials and subcontractor arrangements both tender and project phase.
These roles and responsibilities are issued as a guideline to help you understand the duties you are expected to undertake as part of your employment. They may be subject to change from time to time to meet business needs and you may be required to carry out additional duties that are reasonably consistent with your skills and status.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"