Quantity Surveyor required. Our client is a well-established building services company who specialise in the contract works, special works, plumbing and heating, and build and design areas of building services in the domestic, commercial, and industrial sectors with projects budgets ranging from £20,000 to £3 million plus. Our client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their contracts division.
The Contract Quantity Surveyor will be required to develop work opportunities, meet potential customers and consultants, discuss and agree work requirements, measure and prepare quotations for extensions, alterations, new build, insurance works, maintenance and repair works. The role will require close liaison with a skilled and capable workforce and the department managers, as well as assisting in the handling of interim valuations, subcontract measuring and payment, recording and valuing variations through to final account submission.
The ideal candidate will be based locally to the Bury St. Edmunds area, with most projects and sites being up to 30 miles of the area. Knowledge of quantity surveying procedures and building technology gained from experience within a similar role would be an advantage.
Contract Quantity Surveyor Position Overview
Contract Quantity Surveyor required for a well-established building services company based in Bury St. Edmunds.
Contract Quantity Surveyor Position Requirements
- Practical knowledge of estimating and quantity surveying procedures
- Growing workload and profitability and to win repeat business
- Experience in developing and maintaining a client base
- Experience in measuring and preparing quotations from enquiry to tender submission
- Experience in estimating work accurately and analytically
- Produce tenders and quotations from drawings and specifications
- Experience in managing financial aspects of work wins by programming, budgeting, assisting sub contactor purchase, and preparing final accounts and cash flow predictions.
- Based locally to Bury St. Edmunds
Contract Quantity Surveyor Position Remuneration
- £30k - £50k + (DOE)
- Car Allowance
- 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"