Are you searching for your next career move? Randstad CPE are currently looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to oversee a project within the Education sector.
Closing Date: May 2018
Type Of Contract: Permanent
A bit about the company:
A £1billion privately run, family-owned contracting and interior fit out group. They are one of The Times Top 100 companies to work for and are valued as a highly respectable main contractor.
The build of a £16m school construction project - A three storey primary school including sewer systems, landscaping, infrastructure, enabling works and estate road.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Building relationship with the supply chain, consultants and clients.
- Making sure that the project team achieve or exceed their budgeted targets.
- Analysing the process to ensure you can spot potential disputes in a timely manner to Line Manager.
- Following the procurement schedule precisely and placing orders with supply chain.
- Subcontract orders need to accurately reflect the main contract requirements and scope of work.
- Certifying, valuing and issuing any relevant payment notices for the subcontract works.
- Making sure that the payments are received by the due date and take full responsibility for the projects cash position.
- Ensuring the CVC reports are completed and that they accurately reflect the current position on site and the final profit projection.
- If any future financial problems occur it will be your task to provide early warning to ensure accurate real time reporting.
- Managing and minimising non recoverable costs on projects.
- Developing and managing junior surveying staff.
- Price and agree all project variations.
- Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager you will ensure all budgeted targets are met on time as well as managing ongoing relations with the client.
The ideal candidate:
- You must have successful procurement experience.
- An extensive working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Previously re-measured high risk packages and key trades.
- Working knowledge of relevant contract conditions.
- Proven experience of leading or assisting financial costs on relevant project.
- CSCS card
- Valid Driving Licence.
- Desirable construction related degree
- Desirably working towards MCIOB or RICS
What you will get in return:
- In-house training
- A clear career progression
- Offices situated in Surrey & Kent
- Competitive salary
- Yearly bonus
- Car allowance or choose from an extensive company car list
- Day of leave on your Birthday
- Dental & Medical Insurance
- Gym Membership
- And many more company benefits
What to do next:
If you believe that the above criteria matches your experience then please make an immediate application today. Feel free to email your CV directly OR call
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- Quantity Surveyor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job