This is a fantastic opportunity opportunity to join a fast growing, Civil Engineering and Construction Company based in the Ringwood area.
The business has a reputation for providing great customer service and doing the right thing at all times for the benefit of their clients. With a friendly and open atmosphere, this company has a great culture and is seeking to find a candidate that will fit right in to these values. The company is looking at significant growth in the next five years so this role represents a great opportunity to be part of something special and an opportunity to grow with the business.
- Manage all commercial and contractual aspects of a project from Pre-construction through to Construction.
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation (will be able to utilise an Administrator for support and assistance).
- Taking off quantities from drawings.
- Gathering correct information about rates of labour/plant/materials etc. to put together reliable estimates.
- Submit robust price to Clients.
- Procure the services of subcontractors who work on the project.
- Track changes to the design and/or Construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly.
- Measure and value the work done on site.
- Agree valuations and pay subcontractors (will be able to utilise an Administrator for support and assistance).
- Liaise with the client and site managers, site engineers etc.
- Involvement in multi projects at one time.
- Write reports, when required, for board meetings.
- Report to Managing Director.
- Flexible working between office and sites.
The successful applicant for this role will have to have extensive Groundworks experience and should be used to working on projects ranging from £500k to £15 million. A degree in Construction or Quantity Surveying is also desirable although not necessary should the relevant knowledge and experience be clearly demonstrated. Great interpersonal skills and attention to detail are also required for this role as the candidate must be fully confident in dealing with clients.
- Can do attitude
- Friendly and approachable
- Respectful and trustworthy
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused (confident dealing with Clients)
- Commercially astute and excellent negotiating skills
- Can multitask
- Thrives on challenges
- Vast experience in Groundworks is a necessary requirement.
- Experience of the Construction industry
- Experience of working on construction projects between £500k to £15 million
- Construction or quantity surveyor degree (or equivalent) desirable but not necessary.
- £45,000 to £55,000 basic salary
- Performance related bonus on annual basis
To apply for this role please call Christian May on 02380 636614 or send your cv stating your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job