A Regional Developer based in Cheshire is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team.
The principle purpose of the role shall be to provide effective commercial management and control of projects
Skills required are a thorough understanding of Quantity Surveying in a contracting environment ideally within house building.
A basic salary of £40,000 & £45,000 dependant on experience, company car or allowance plus additional company benefits 25 days holidays, working hours will be Mon - Fri 8.30am - 4.30pm.
The company are a regional developer specialising in new build private developments across the North West Region, properties ranging from affordable homes to luxury family homes. Owing to the award of new developments they have a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Commercial Team.
As a Quantity Surveyor the principle purpose of the role shall be to provide effective commercial management and control of projects and to administer them in line with the applicable contract terms/statutory legislation.
Key responsibilities shall include:
- Commercial management of projects to ensure they are completed within budget
- Create systems and processes allowing effective measurement of commercial performance
- Provide accurate, real time, quarterly reports (Cost Value Reconciliations) & final outcome forecasts
- Carry out tender analysis, subcontractor and materials procurement and management & payment of subcontractor accounts
- Attend and provide cost input at monthly site meetings and agree strategies to deliver the project
- Value engineer projects and suggest delivery solutions to ensure cost effective project delivery
- Provide financial information to the senior management as required to assist in financial planning
Experience and skills required
Thorough understanding of quantity surveying in a contracting environment, ideally within housing developments
- Thorough understanding of financial reporting, contractual terms & conditions and statutory requirements
- Good analytical skills and the ability to apply common sense in all situations
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Customer and delivery focused
My client offer a basic salary of £40,000 & £45,000 dependant on experience, company car or allowance plus additional company benefits, including company pension, death in service, healthcare, 25 days holidays, working hours will be 8.30am - 4.30pm.
How to apply
If you are interested in the Quantity Surveyor role and would like to have a confidential chat please contact Deena at Bromak or apply through the link below.