Reporting to the Head of Development Funding, the Quantity Surveyor will provide specialist advice and support to the Development Funding team including advice on new finance applications, support with monitoring and managing live cases we have on the book, managing our panel of external Quantity Surveyors and acting as Internal Monitoring Surveyor on a number of our cases.
The role would suit a Quantity Surveyor with extensive experience and the ability to work in a fast paced environment with an adaptable approach.
• Provide support and advice to the Development Funding team on new finance applications including assessing initial budgets and technical aspects at enquiry stage and visits to prospective sites/meetings with prospective clients when required
• Provide ad-hoc support and advice to the Development Funding team on technical matters and budgets upon receipt of panel Quantity Surveyor initial due diligence reports
• Pro-actively manage and monitor our panel of external Quantity Surveyors. This will include undertaking sample checks on initial reports and interim reports, monitoring our issues log and taking any necessary steps to review and address any concerns highlighted on panel members
• Monitoring and managing exposure levels across our external panel
• On-boarding of any new Quantity Surveyor firms onto the panel
• Act as Monitoring Surveyor (due diligence & interim reports) where required
• Provide support to the Development Funding team as required within our monthly portfolio meetings
• Actively keep up to date with market conditions within the construction and development sector
• Adhere to all compliance needs within the business (e.g. DPA/AML/TCF)
• Develop up to date & periodic cost data MI for the team to use
• Keep the Development Funding team updated on industry regulation and market conditions
Essential skills and experience
• MRICS qualification
• Extensive industry experience operating as a Quantity Surveyor
• Experience of working with a contractor/developer would be highly advantageous
• In depth knowledge of the planning system and building regulations
• Construction related Health & Safety qualifications
• Strong commercial awareness
• Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
Desirable skills and experience
• Fund Monitoring Surveyor experience
• Knowledge of/experience within development funding
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West’s most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, child care vouchers, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job