Key Job Details;
Salary: Dependant on experience (£45-£65k)
Full-Time (Monday-Friday, 08:30am-17:30pm)
Senior Quantity Surveyor or looking to take the next step in your Quantity Surveying career?
We are looking to recruit Quantity Surveyors at any level, from recent graduates all the way to advanced Seniors!
To protect the Company against legal and contractual risks with regards to contract terms, variations and action failures by client during course of contract. Dispute resolution including assisting in preparing claims, evaluation of loss & expense, preparing claims for extensions of time and cause and effect documents. Assisting in the process of adjudication. Calculate Subcontract payments and Bought out packages including tender, interim payments and agreement of final accounts. Maintain accurate cost to complete records and prepare monthly records. In addition, maintain good, professional working relationships with clients and subcontractors.
What is expected of you?
- Determine contractual risk by reviewing Sub-Contract form (JCT, NEC, Bespoke forms) and creating a risk register
- Study each project in depth where there is a 80% probability of getting a contract, with a view to negotiating risky contract clauses with customers (main contractors)
- Communicate identified risks to the project team prior to commencement
- Produce detailed valuations, follow up and agree interim payments
- Investigate, notify and substantiate variations
- Prepare and issue enquires to Sub-Contractors
- Negotiate and agree sub-contract packages and job specifics; authorising sub-contract payments along with agreement to day work, ensuring variations are properly recorded and recovered on a monthly basis
- Negotiate financial accounts and assists in settling disputes within the timeframes set out contractually
- To timely assist the PM to report EOT and L&E to the main contractor
- Provide cost analysis to assist the project managers and finance manager with mid-month cost to complete forecasts
- Communicate well with the site team and business unit
- Deal with customer queries and complaints professionally
- Strong commercial focus and able to run a project from inception to final account and retention
recovery seeking input from SQS where necessary
- Develop good working relationships with customers, demonstrating excellent communication skills
- Motivated, resilient and determined to 'get things right'
- Practical and able to demonstrate rigor and excellent attention to detail and process skills
- Façade and Sub-Contracting experience required
- Highly detail-conscious with good analytical skills
- Influencing and persuading skills
- HNC/Degree in Quantity Surveying preferred not critica
If you feel you this position is what you are looking for and believe you meet the above requirement, please apply by attaching you CV. Alternativley, please call Dailam on 01489-560-180 to apply or for more information.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.