Are you a recent graduate interested in a career as a Quantity Surveyor? Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, our client are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join to team in North Yorkshire and this could be the ideal role for you.
Our client believes that people are their business. They offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining the team as a Quantity Surveyor, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free uniform and PPE
- Free parking
- Access to the comapny rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to the Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice on a whole range of issues
- Training and development opportunities
Who are they looking for?
This role would ideally suit an aspiring Quantity Surveyor who wants to grow and progress on to become a senior member of the commercial team. As the ideal candidate, you will have excellent technical knowledge and proven IT skills. You will also:
- Be educated to at least HND level although other equivalent qualifications may be accepted
- Have prior experience of working on highway maintenance, highway construction or general civil engineering
- Ideally poses experience of using the NEC forms of contract
What will I be responsible for?
Joining the team as a Quantity Surveyor, you will work with the highway maintenance division and deliver their Darrington to Dishforth scheme. Daily tasks will include:
- Overseeing the measurement and preparation of valuations
- Prepare and agree interim valuations and final accounts
- Record, monitor and review the financial performance of contracts
- Manage financial accounts and report to senior management on the framework performance
- Liase and present to the client on the framework performace
- Secure payments from customers within the specified contract terms and manage payment of sub contractors
- Pricing and agreement of highway maintenance schemes Target Costs.
- Administration of highway maintenance schemes
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role ofQuantity Surveyor, our client want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- Quantity Surveyor Construction Building