Package - £40k - £50k + Package
Location - North London
My client are a main contractor who specialise in design and build within the education sector, working with public and private sector customers. They are looking for a Quantity Surveyor with a strong experience to join their busy company.
My client are currently working on a £5million new build project in a school in North London with an extremely healthy pipe line of upcoming projects.
They are based in North London with projects all over London.
Job description & Responsibilities for Quantity Surveyor
Some of your duties will include;
- Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise. Prime costs to include but not restricted to house pricing, labour costs, site work operations and remediation work.
- Provide a detailed cost budget and share with Site Project Team at the appropriate time.
- Detail a labour cost schedule including anticipated target hours.
- Maintain schedules of quantities and price them individually for prime cost budget.
- Once land opportunities are identified, familiarise the geographical area and consider site issues.
- Prepare estimates of all prime costs inc. subcontract and materials.
- Complete the apportionment of total prime costs to individual plots and produce a profit analysis for the Director.
- Monitor and explain all cost movements.
Responsible for procurement of subcontractors, including payments, variation orders and day works and settlement of final accounts.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying
- JCT and NEC design and build contract experience essential
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Lee McDonald on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job