Quantity Surveyor- About The Client: Castlefield Recruitment are currently working with a large North West based housing association who are looking to recruit a Compliance Officer on a permanent basis.
Quantity Surveyor - About The Role:
- Reporting to the Capital Projects Manager, you will provide technical advice, support and property evaluation on the condition and investment requirements of the property portfolio within the region. You will effectively support the development of stock sustainability developing delivery options through costed option appraisal of stock, including any associated regeneration initiatives, whilst developing specifications and preparing tender documents including preparation of Bills of Quantities. This post will be responsible for health and safety and compliance with legislative requirements including CDM for all investment activities within the region.
- You will provide a Regional Contract Administration technical lead, assisting in the analysis of tenders and preparing financial progress reports during all stages of procurement and delivery and participation in contract reviews. You will undertake assessments of long term maintenance needs, develop and project manage bespoke investment projects through appraisal.
- Providing detailed project costed appraisals and technical advice and support on property condition and investment requirements, you will assess technical aspects continually improving methods including energy assessments and records across the regions portfolio. You will validate identified investment requirements and ensure investment is in line with the Asset Management Strategy.
- You will assist in the preparation of regular management /progress reports and providing cost plans in accordance with a project brief and maintaining contract records, assisting in the measurement of Contractor’s performance against Key Performance Indicators. You will support the development of a detailed 3-5 year investment programme assessing compatibility with the neighbourhood plan.
Compliance Officer- What You Need: The successful individual will have:
- It is essential you have a professional qualification in a property/building related specialism MCIOB, MRICS, MICE. You should have demonstrable knowledge of building construction, building standards, planning regulations, regulatory standards, and leasehold legislation and detailed knowledge of construction contracts and their effective management.
- You should have a commercial understanding and experience of value for money drivers in construction with delivery of bespoke investment programmes, with the experience of performing the role of 'principal designer' and knowledge of the requirements of CDM. You should have experience of managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders and knowledge of performance and budget management.
- Quantity Surveying
- Social Housing
- Housing Associations