Our client has a unique opportunity available for a Quantity Surveyor to join the team. This is a full time, permanent role, and you will be offered a competitive salary of £30,153 - £32,486 per annum plus an essential car user allowance (currently being reviewed)!
As one of the largest employers in the area they offer a wide range of services across the district including housing & assets, waste & environment, community protection, environmental health, planning and customer services to name just a few.
They are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated individual to join their assets and procurement section. The successful Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for providing a comprehensive Quantity Surveying service for the company, including the procurement and financial management of construction and building related projects, estimates, options appraisals, budget monitoring and forecasting, and development/agreement of final accounts..
Key Responsibilities of their Quantity Surveyor
- Assist with the implementation of the Authority's Capital and Revenue building works programmes in an efficient and effective manner, all in accordance with the Contract Procedure Rules and Financial Regulations.
- Produce tender documents using different forms and types of contract, including forms of contract to facilitate Partnership Working for all Capital and Revenue construction and building related projects, and different methodologies such as the use of framework agreements.
- Administer the process of contract procurement for works, including the preparation of tender documentation, administration of the tendering and procurement process, formalisation of contracts, contract monitoring, financial management and agreement of final accounts.
- Provide a cost monitoring and forecasting service in respect of all building related projects undertaken by the Section, including providing financial statements/cashflow forecasts of monthly and annual expenditure including estimated final project cost forecasts.
- Carry out monthly financial valuations of construction contractors/partners activity; ensuring compliance with contract conditions and financial regulations at all times. To authorise agreed payments for certification.
- Determine the validity of financial claims and negotiate and resolve disputes with construction contractors/partners in accordance with relevant processes and any relevant ‘Partnership Charter’.
- Any other duties falling within the remit of the post as may be required by the Asset and Procurement Manager.
Skills and experience required of their Quantity Surveyor
- Previous quantity surveying and financial management experience on a wide range of construction projects.
- Experience of working on a range of procurement methods and contract forms.
- Working in partnership; procurement and use of frameworks.
- Building, construction and procurement practice, including EU Procurement Directives.
- Legislation and Regulations relating
- Building/refurbishment/construction e.g. Building Regulations.
- Knowledge of a range of procurement methods and contract forms.
- Knowledge of PPC 2000 and/or other forms of partnering contract
- Minimum BSc in Quantity Surveying
- Membership of CIOB or RICS or working towards such membership (Desirable)
- Microsoft Excel and/or database/ spreadsheet related qualification (Desirable)
Closing date: Friday 23rd March 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 11th April 2018
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to develop your career as their Quantity Surveyor. They’d love to hear from you!