Randstad CPE are currently working with one of the UK's premier construction companies here in the North East. The company in question have 3 multi-million pound schemes due to start this Spring and are therefore aiming to appoint a Quantity Surveyor imminently in their Newcastle office. The successful candidate should preferably have experience working on large scale construction projects, with career continuity an absolute must. Excellent opportunity for someone with a minimum of 4+ years post graduate experience and hoping to join a genuine market leader in the construction industry.
Purpose of the role:
To take responsibility, ownership and accountability of the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of the designated project in order to control and maximise the company's profitability, protect the companies legal and contractual obligations under the contract and to manage proactively the control of all commercial issues.
- Control all expenditure.
- Reconcile cost/value reports and profit forecasts.
- To assist the Contract Manager with pre-start planning and programming.
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management.
- Change management control.
- To manage the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting.
- Assist the Contract Manager with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate skill set and capability to deliver the works. Place the appropriate order and all required information to carry out their work.
- Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts.
- Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation.
What we are looking for:
- Industry experience in the role of a Quantity Surveyor is essential.
- Prepared to work within various geographical areas.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent level of numeracy.
- Excellent influencing skills.
- IT skills - MS Office, Excel, Project, Word etc.
- Excellent Time Management.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible & adaptable.
- Competitive rates of pay - Market leader in Construction Industry
- Bonus Scheme - Annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff - Run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
Should you wish to discuss this role confidentially, please do not hesitate to call Ciaran in Randstad's Newcastle office.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- Quantity Surveyor Main Contracting New Build