Very Competitive Salary
Growing rapidly and currently working on some of the biggest, most complex construction projects in London this very well established company is looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager.
Your experience and knowledge in all aspects of contract/quantity surveying will help the Project Management teams deliver professional services to a range of clients.
Based in the Thetford area, able to travel to site, you will be ONC/HNC certificated, proficient in MS Office Packages (including PowerPoint and Project) and have experience in the construction industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Administration of all financial and commercial aspects of allocated contracts.
- Provide support to Project Team on legal and financial aspects to reduce the company’s exposure to risk.
- To review all contract documents and bring any discrepancies to the attention of the Sales Team/Project Manager/Construction Manager.
- Produce accurate cash flow forecasts based on the contract/project programme and update as work proceeds.
- Ensure all H&S information/documentation is signed off prior to order placement.
- Identify the most appropriate work packages and sub-contractors and agree same with Project Manager/Construction Manager.
- Comprehensively assess sub-contractor/supplier accounts and produce sub-contract payment certificates in line with company terms and conditions.
- Issue Withholding Notices in good time against supplier applications or invoices where appropriate, in line with the Construction Act.
- Attend sites regularly to provide assistance and support to the Project Manager and site staff.
If you are an individual who focuses on excellence, possess excellent interpersonal skills and have a passion and excitement for your work please contact Jean Knappitt on or send your c.v. to