A progressive independent PQS consultancy are seeking a proactive Quantity Surveyor to join their developing Manchester office to work on a range of large city centre projects.
An exciting opportunity for the successful Quantity Surveyor to be part of a growing team in a people orientated and client focused practice.
The Quantity Surveyor will be working on projects throughout Manchester city centre and the Lancashire area as part of an intimate and developing Quantity Surveying team. They will work with a diverse range of clients and face real technical challenge, carrying your own projects and providing a high level of client interface.
- Performing risk, value management and cost control
- Sit in on weekly project reviews with Contracts Director as required
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Work closely with Contracts Management team
- Submission & Negotiation of Final Accounts
- Validating Subcontractor Applications
- Prepare estimates and bills of quantities
- Attend de-brief meetings at end of Projects
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have:
- 2 years + post graduate experience working in a similar consultancy environment
- You will be able to commute to Manchester and will be a committed and confident QS
- May currently be working as an assistant QS
- Enrolled onto or partially completed APC would be beneficial but is not a must
This is an opportunity to work with a progressive independent PQS continuing it's development and looking for proactive thinkers to join the consultancy and have an active role in the growth and development of the business.
- Between £38,000 and £44,000 basic salary (DOE)
- Clear route to directorship
- Health care
At Brandon James we currently have a wide range of opportunities for Quantity Surveyors in Manchester.
If you are an Assistant Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor considering your career options please contact Cliff Kemp at Brandon James.
Manchester / Quantity Surveyor/ Assistant Quantity Surveyor /APC/ PQS / QS / Consultancy
- quantity surveyor