3 Month Contract
£275 - £425 p/day depending on experience
I am recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join one of the UK's leading International Infrastructure groups on a contract basis to work on a Highways project in Aberdeen.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Support the Project Management team in being accountable for the profitability of the project and develop an appropriate commercial strategy to ensure delivery of required margins
- Contribute to managing and maintaining a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
- Produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
- Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
- Ensure that necessary interface information between customers, sub-contractors and other departments is provided in a timely manner
- Monitor cash flow and valuation plan, ensuring applications are made correctly and in a timely manner
- Ensure contract variations are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with the customer in a timely manner
- Manage the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation
To be a successful Quantity Surveyor you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in a Quantity Surveying role in a similar environment such as highways or infrastructure
- Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering processes and sub-contracting principles
- Excellent negotiating and communication skills
- Membership of a relevant professional body
To discuss this opportunity further, please send your CV to Adam Laws by clicking Apply Now. Candidates with relevant experience will be contacted shortly after.
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria. Unfortunately due to high volume we will only be able to contact those who have been shortlistedAdvantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.
- Quantity Surveyor