Quantity Surveyor Permanent Vacancy - Teesside. £40,000 - £45,000 Sub-Contractor
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be partnering with a well-established, and growing sub-contractor to Recruit a Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis to work from their Teesside Office. The successful candidate will join a busy, specialist sub-contractor responsible for the efficient processing of all tender enquiries as well as the commercial performance of contracts awarded to the business.
Your new role
As part of your role as a Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Assessing specifications and drawings to accurately price
- Preparing tender submissions
- Maintain existing and establish new relationships with clients.
- Identification and processing of dayworks and variations
- Preparation and agreement of final account
- Monthly valuations
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role, the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record as a Quantity Surveyor within the Construction industry, as well as previous experience / skills in the following areas:
- Commercial experience in a client facing role
- Estimating experience (take off / rate build up)
- Negotiation of tender packages
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Packages - specifically Excel.
This role will also require the successful candidate to be a team player, motivated and professional in their attitude towards work.
A full driving license is also required for this role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Quantity Surveyor