An exciting opportunity not to be missed! Our client is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join their busy team based in Stockport! You will join them on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary depending on experience!
Our client is a North West based civil engineering and highways contractor with over 70 years experience. Specialising predominately in long-term framework contracts with Local Councils and Transport Authorities they have a proven track record of delivering high quality schemes. Due to their reputation of working in a safe, cost effective and collaborative manner they are repeatedly invited to participate in early contractor involvement and value engineering solutions.
Key Responsibilities of their Quantity Surveyor:
Your objective is to ensure the financial interests of the Company are protected at all times, yet maintaining a positive working relationship with all parties:
- Site measurements and preparations of weekly cost and production reports.
- Liaise with the site teams to assess and prepare compensation events and claims
- Liaise and agree with subcontractors measures and authorise payment
- The production of valuations and submission to clients
- Negotiation with the clients to facilitate prompt and accurate payments
- Interpret drawings and instructions and agree estimates with site teams and clients
- Liaise with suppliers to agree rates and services
- Agree final accounts with all parties in a prompt manner
- Undertake stock control monitoring and provide reports to the Financial Director
- Liaise with the finance and admin team in the preparation and settlement of accounts
- Assist the financial director and his team in preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting
Your objective is to efficiently manage the financial control on a number of different sites, throughout the North West in an efficient manner:
- Co-ordination with site teams and contracts directors
- Ensure clear, accurate and up to date records are maintained at all times
- Motivate, mentor and develop all members of your team
- Co-ordinate resources with other members of the team
- Represent the company to clients and outside organisations in a professional manner at all times
Skills and Experience required by their Quantity Surveyor:
- HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying
- Experience of managing contracts using NEC form and practical application of contract
- Experience developing and submitting compensation events and valuations, including time related extensions
- Experience must be in Civil Engineering, Highways and Drainage
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and remotely both internally and externally
- Driving license
- CSCS Card
Working Hours: The Quantity Surveyor will work Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:30 (30 minute unpaid lunch break)
Holiday Entitlement: 35 days including bank holidays - 7 days are to be taken at the Christmas Shutdown
So if you would like to join their team as their new Quantity Surveyor then please click ‘apply’ today. They can’t wait to hear from you!
Stockport, Quantity Surveyor, Surveyor, Civil Engineering, Highways, Drainage, CSCS Card, Permanent, Construction Industry, Chartered Surveyor.