Quantity Surveyor (High - end residential) Required
Our client specialise in high - end residential refurbishments on luxury, bespoke properties around South West London. They currently require a Quantity Surveyor
Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the cost management, estimating, procurement, forecasting and tendering functions of the business. The role will require a high level of professionalism and confidence in negotiations, managing contractual risk as well as advising and efficiently implementing the procurement strategy of the business and the projects
The Senior Quantity Surveyors will mainly have the responsibility for the following:
* Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
* Undertake cost analysis for project work;
* Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
* perform risk, value management and cost control;
* Advise on a procurement strategy;
* Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
* Prepare and analyse costing for tenders;
* Allocate work to subcontractors;
* Provide advice on contractual claims;
* Analyse outcomes and prepare detailed progress and cash flow reports;
* Value completed work and work closely with the Accounts team to arrange payments;
* Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
* Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
What you'll need to succeed
Successful applicant will meet the following requirements:
* Have evident track of record as a quantity surveyor (Minimum 3 years of experience of residential sector);
* Outstanding experience in the construction industry from green field to high-rise and high-end finishes;
* Have extensive knowledge working within Building and Construction field, particularly High-End residential/commercial projects;
* Have strong background in business legal contracts of different types and implementing amendments adjustable to suit different contracts scenarios;
Personal Core Competencies
* Exceptional and direct communication skills;
* Proven problem solving and analytical thinking skills;
* Outstanding negotiation skills;
* Very strong eye of details;
* Flexible personality.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.