Fantastic new opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a leading organisation on a permanent basis in the East Midlands. Our client has over 25 years' knowledge and experience working on multi-million pound projects, for a wide variety of sectors including highways and utilities. This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced quantity surveyor to join a highly reputable company and join their expert team.
- Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change.
- Communicate with the Contractor, his representatives, SU's and other 3rd parties on commercial issues.
- Be responsible for cost management including understanding forecasting and CPIs.
- Be in control of value management for the project such as preparing account summaries to ensure prompt payment of invoices.
- Ensure procurement controls are in place and everyone is aware of the procedures.
- Liaise with both internal management and external clients and consultants.
- A comprehensive level of commercial experience preferably with a contracting organisation.
- Professional qualification in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent construction related subject
- Preferably qualified to ICES or RICS accreditation
- A good understanding of NRSWA 1991
- A self-motivated and assured individual
- Good communication skills
- A good decision maker who works well under pressure
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Good IT skills, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering a variety of complex projects successfully from a Quantity Surveyor position.
The job is based near East Midlands airport, easily commutable from Leicester, Nottingham or Derby
For more information please call Rob Taylor on or email rob.taylor @ BlueprintRecruit.com and quote 13673, or apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option, and following the instructions.