£35,000 to £45,000 +Package
Quantity Surveyor's required to work on sites across sites in the East Midlands region that will be starting throughout 2018. The successful candidate will be tasked to plan, control, manage and ensure effective administration of the commercial and financial aspects of the contract whilst ensuring compliance with the conditions of the contract and the Business Management System.
My client represents a fusion of contracting, housing and mixed-use regeneration expertise. They undertake design and build contracting, mixed tenure and speculative development, estate regeneration and property support services nationwide. They work in collaborative long-term arrangements with Registered Providers, Local Authorities and other stakeholders to build high quality housing and sustainable communities.
- Maintain and develop commercial processes and procedures and apply best practice and a continuous improvement approach, to maximise returns in terms of profit.
- Manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
- Maximise cash flow through the timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
- Manage the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including variations, claims and disputes.
- Manage the production of accurate and timely accounts for use in managing the business.
- Manage the production of accurate and timely project financial forecasts for use in setting targets and managing the business.
- Establish and maintain robust open and honest reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that the projects meet agreed targets.
- Develop a thorough and in-depth understanding of the contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to the projects to ensure that the contractors position is protected.
- Assist the Bid Team in the preparation and pricing of tenders for new work.
Experience and Qualifications:
- You will have experience of working within the Construction industry for a main contractor, specifically on Design and Build, new build and refurbishment projects, as well as sound knowledge of JCT and NEC Conditions of Contract.
- You will have experience of managing a team.
- You will be degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership).
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please call Ryan Pearson on or email your CV to
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.