Centrally located Quantity Surveyor?
Interested in working for an expanding Main Contractor?
Looking to grow with the right company?
Randstad CPE have an excellent and exciting new opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our client in West Lothian.
Reporting into the Commercial Manager, the role will focus on projects across a wide spectrum of projects, including commercial new build, externals, retail units and affordable housing projects.
To be successful, the candidate would preferably have a BSC/Honours degree in Quantity Surveying, or qualifications in a relevant technical discipline in a related field. My client would also be willing to meet with candidates with relevant Quantity Surveying experience who do not have the above qualifications.
An in-depth knowledge of working in the sectors previously listed would be preferred, with a special interest in candidates who have worked with medium-to-large sized main contractors on commercial projects.
The role would be equally suited to an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking for a change, or a less experienced candidate who is driven, focussed and looking to grow their career with an expanding company.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The holder of this post must:
* Ensure compliance and adherence to business commercial strategy & approach
* Ensure compliance and adherence to company policies and procedures.
* Prepare monthly QS report on all projects to record commercial position and highlight and issues that are having to be dealt with and the management of workload.
* Attend project progress meetings and provide updates to client with projection of costs as required.
* Produce and submit valuations in accordance contractual requirements.
* Procurement of subcontract agreements to maximise project returns and ensure contract programmes and deadlines are achieved.
* Make site visits for collation of information for monthly valuation statements which includes, but not limited to, recommendation on interim payments, statement of claims from contractor, anticipated claims from contractor and assessment of costs of works and expected final cost.
* Evaluate variations and handle contractual correspondence.
* Submission and agreement of accurate final account applications with clients in a timely manner.
* Assessment of subcontractor valuations and agreement of final accounts including payment process.
* Upon contract award attend project handover meetings with Estimator and Contracts Manager.
* Undertake various contracts administration duties relating to the commercial running of projects
The overall package will include a salary of between £35,000-£40,000 with comprehensive benefits, including a company car/travel allowance, generous pension and more.
To apply for this position please contact Blane McConnell at Randstad CPE on / . I can also be contacted through direct application to this advert.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- Social Housing
- Quantity Surveyor
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- New Build