We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join a Construction Company based in Loughton. Our client have been established for over 30 years, carrying out a variety of building projects including small works, major repairs, refurbishments and new build schemes up to the value of around £4m. This role has come about due to continued growth, which has also led to our client moving to new offices recently.
General duties for the successful QS are likely to include, but not be limited to, financial management of projects, carrying out estimates and valuations, sub-contractor payments, and establishing the client's requirements and undertaking studies and preparing quantified measures from drawings. There will also be some business development duties, although these will not be a specific requirement of the role.
The successful QS will be educated to degree level and, ideally, possess a minimum of 4 years' experience within the building contractor sector, working on a variety of projects ranging in value from £100k to £4m. The successful QS will be personable and adaptable with a determination to succeed and forge a successful career within the industry. It is also envisaged that the successful candidate will be looking for long-term career opportunities as our client are keen to continue growing the business so development opportunities are on offer.
Quantity Surveyor Position Overview
- Financial Management of projects
- Performing risk assessments, value management and cost control
- Carrying out estimates and valuations
- Preparing tender documents
- Sub-contractor payments
- Cash flow projections
- Prepare quantified measures from drawings
Quantity Surveyor Position Requirements
- Experience within the building contractor sector
- Strong communication, numeric and IT skills
- Degree, or equivalent, in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Willingness to develop and progress further
Quantity Surveyor Position Remuneration
- Salary: D)E
- Discretionary Bonus
- Other Company Benefits to be discussed
- Office based with site visits
- Standard working hours: 08:00 - 17:00
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy