My client are a national contractor, as a result of expansion and winning new projects. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work with them on a temporary to permanent basis.
You will be working on predominantly retail and fit out projects in a live environment. Projects are quick turnaround; 6 - 8 weeks on average. The projects are national, and our client has the frameworks for two of the UK's largest supermarkets. You will be attending site meetings 1 - 2 days per week and the rest of the time will be spent working out of their offices in Leeds.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be comfortable working independently and will need little in the way of guidance or training - a proven track record in the retail or fit out sector is essential. You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and negotiating sub contract documentation
- Attendance at handover meetings, developing project strategies which mitigate commercial risks
- Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontract installers
- Ensuring applications for payment and budgets/prices for contract variations are submitted on time, to the appropriate level, reaching agreement in a timely manner
- Performing risk, value management and cost control, providing regular reports on costs, value, margins and risks
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
You must have a full driving licence, as travel will be required to sites.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply, please send your CV to Danielle at Bromak using the contact details provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job