Today we are a major supplier to the UK construction industry, providing a broad range of services from Skip Hire and Waste Management, Aggregates & Concrete Supply right through to Earthworks, Asbestos Management and Demolition. Our Facilities Management division offers a wide range of services to commercial and residential clients for reactive and planned maintenance, right through to refurbishment and building installation.
We know our people are our greatest asset, and that is why we invest in making sure we have the best people throughout the business. We encourage and support every employee in achieving their career aspirations; propelling the business forward and enabling us to achieve the high standards our customers expect throughout their Mick George journey
Due to continued expansion and growth Mick George Ltd are currently recruiting for an ambitious and committed Quantity Surveyor to join our extremely successful and rapidly expanding Contracting department based at our head office in Huntingdon.
This role will be working alongside the Senior Quantity Surveyor and Commercial Director, maintaining high standards which the company has already established.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Carry out surveying duties on numerous contracts simultaneously, within the contracting department at Mick George Ltd. This would involve working within many sub departments within the business including demolition, remediation, ground stabilisation, groundworks, earthworks and civils disciplines.
- Provide assistance, guidance and support to site operations teams and Contracts Managers on contractual obligations and the scope of works that is included within the contract.
- Manage subcontract packages where applicable, from the initial enquiry stage and procurement through to the agreement of subcontract final accounts. This includes ensuring that best value is achieved at all stages. You will also be required to manage interim applications and Payment Notices to subcontractors that have been appointed.
- Maintain and develop client relationships across the different contracts you are involved in.
- Ensure monthly/ interim valuations and applications are completed accurately and issued to clients in accordance with the requirements detailed within the contract. Ensuring this process is streamlined where possible to maximise cash flow and value where achievable. Liaise with the Land Surveyors closely to ensure applications reflect the work and scope completed on site and in turn value the work correctly.
- Keep Senior Management updated and informed of key issues that arise on contracts to ensure the appropriate management decisions are made and implement these decisions where necessary.
- Track changes to the scope and conditions of work when they occur and make sure these are correctly measured and valued. Wherever possible ensure changes are agreed in a timely manner through the course of projects.
- Monitor the programme along with the Site Management team and record issues that occur which may impact on the planned progress and completion of the works. Maintain strong working relationships with project delivery teams and keep accurate records of issues.
- Prepare detailed Final Accounts and supporting survey information required to ensure efficient and prompt agreement of accounts with clients. This also includes working closely with various departments such as Transport/Compliance to gain successful project results.
- Carry out administration of contracts when issued by clients. Be responsible for ensuring the order documents reflect what has been agreed during the tender stage. Review the contract scope along with the terms and conditions and agree any amendments that are required to ensure the allocation of risk is correctly distributed by the terms and conditions.
- Be proactive in ensuring payments from clients are received by the contract due dates.
- Play an active role alongside the contracting Finance Managers in completing monthly and end of contract CVR reports to enable project margins to be accurately reported to Senior Management.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree/HNC/HND in Quantity Surveying. All levels of experience will be considered
- Well organised, with great time management skills.
- Demolition or construction background preferred.
- Experience within a contractor or subcontractor environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledgeable on Quality Assurance procedures and company policies
- Knowledgeable on provisions of the Construction Act and other Contracts relating to suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Quantity Surveying
- NEC Contracts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job