We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join the Residential arm of a leading Construction Main Contractor. The successful QS would be working on a project in South London 4 days a week and would spend 1 day a week in the office, which is based in St. Asaph (this will be fully expensed). The initial project that the QS would be working on is a PRS development consisting of over 150 apartments spread over 23 storeys.
The Quantity Surveyor will be expected to monitor and ensure effective cost reporting. Other duties will include, but not be limited to, preparing monthly cost reports & management reports, advising the Commercial Director of any potential disputes arising, ensuring that cash flow is maintained during the course of the contract and confirming budgets and reviewing contents of the subcontractor orders.
It is envisaged that the successful QS will hold a relevant Construction Qualification, a strong knowledge of contract law and have previous experience of working in a similar role (residential/ high-rise projects). The successful QS will also have a history of extremely good tenure.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a QS to join a forward thinking and growing Construction Main Contractor and have the opportunity to work on some exciting projects. The role could also suit an intermediate QS looking for the next step in their career.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Position Overview
- Prepare monthly cost reports & management reports
- Confirm budgets and review contents of subcontractor orders
- Advise the Commercial Director of any potential disputes arising
- Ensure that payment applications for subcontractors are paid in accordance with the conditions agreed.
- Ensure cash flow is maintained in company's favour during course of the contract
- Other duties to be discussed as required
Senior Quantity Surveyor Position Requirements
- Past experience within the residential sector (ideally working on high-rise apartment projects)
- A history of good tenure
- Relevant Construction qualification
- Strong knowledge of contract law
- Awareness of H&S
Senior Quantity Surveyor Position Remuneration
- Salary: competitive within the market place
- Car/ Car allowance + Inconvenience travel award
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 Days Holiday + BH
- Other package details to be discussed as required
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy