Quantity Surveyor, FTSE 100 Company £45,000 + Benefits
The UK's leading engineering support services organisations have a requirement for a quantity surveyor, based out of Newbury to work in their nuclear organisation. As a business they are involved in all aspects of the nuclear industry and are considered one of the market leaders both domestically and internationally.
The Successful Quantity Surveyor will support large scale a construction projects with a key clients across the UK
- Assessment of contractual entitlement of payment applications, certification, variations and deductions/disallowances for both main contracts and subcontracts
- Review, management and drafting of commercial correspondence
- Supporting the Commercial Managers in their day-today role
- Undertake cost analysis for project work;
- Perform risk, value management and cost control;
- Advise on a procurement strategy;
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
- Provide advice on contractual claims;
- Value completed work and arrange payments;
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
RoleQualifications & Requirements
- BSc Commercial Quantity Surveying would be preferable, but time served as a QS or contract management experience will be considered.
- Be comfortable client facing, producing financial reports, attending progress meetings.
- Be capable of producing Compensation Event Quotations/variations for submission to the Client.
- Knowledge of such things as Bonds, Guarantees, Warrantees, MOU's and Exclusivity Agreements would be preferable;
- Experience of reviewing/challenging estimates
- Good communication skills required for both internal and external interactions
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have the opportunity to progress their career to more senior positions and then management roles, within a fast growing, multi-national and market leading organisation. To be considered for the role and to register your interest, please apply now. or
- Quantity Surveyor and Nuclear