Castle are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join an exciting, revolutionary project based in the Scarborough area. The Quantity Surveyor will be an experienced Contracts Specialist to work within the Project Development team of its multi-discipline engineering, procurement and construction project. The role will assist with the management and coordination of suppliers to meet the Company's goals in regards to quality, schedule and cost by applying specialist commercial skills.
- Implement contract administration strategies with the objective of meeting business requirements for assurance of supply, quality service, cost, innovation and regulatory compliance.
- Manage commercial relationships and ways of working with suppliers to ensure continuous improvement in the delivery of goods and services.
- Ensure commercial arrangements are closely and effectively managed, including the maintenance of the necessary electronic and hard files.
- Monitor and control compliance in respect of the Project's contractual obligations.
- Prepare tender and contract documents.
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders.
- Value completed work and arrange payments.
- Provide advice on contractual claims.
- Assist the Commercial Manager and Area Project managers with their supplier relationships.
Skills, experience and attributes
- Extensive experience in a similar role managing client contract resources.
- Experience in engineering and construction projects carried out under the NEC3/FIDIC form of contract.
- Experience in contract administration and management in a construction environment.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively within the team and communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Regular travel to project sites in North Yorkshire will be required, therefore a clean UK driving licence is essential
Attractive numeration dependant on experience
For more information please call Nikki Holmes on or email
- quantity surveyor