My client is a well-established construction company managing projects such as new build, design and builds, planned maintenance and major refurbishment seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor with commercial experience within construction. Based at their Potters Bar office the ideal candidate will be responsible for the day to day cost running of project's ranging in value from £50,000 to £2 million.
You should display knowledge of best value and commercial awareness, be a self-motivated and confident individual who is capable of working on their own initiative and as part of a team. Projects are within a 25 mile radius of Potters Bar.
- price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
- track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly
- procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
- measure and value the work done on site
- Value subcontractors work
- liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
- write extension of time letters
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Team working
- The ability to negotiate
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
Job Type: Full-time