Quantity Surveyor (Thames Water)
Staff or Contract
Our Client is looking to strengthen their Commercial team with Quantity Surveyors for the SMB (Thames Water) joint venture. Based at the Maple Lodge (Rickmansworth) office you will provide Quantity Surveying services and ensure that all contractual and financial entitlements are fulfilled.
You will be part of a joint venture that has been selected to deliver one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK. It will be providing design-and-build solutions for the development and delivery of Thames Water’s £2billion to £3billion AMP6 investment programme in a 'super alliance’ of industry-leading organisations.
You will report directly to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
Assistance to Project Managers on commercial matters
• Assistance in preparation, submission and agreement of interim payment applications to maximise the company’s cashflow
• Co-ordination to ensure contractual requirements are complied with
• General commercial management of sub-contractors
• Accurate and efficient measurement, identification and measurement of variations
• Production and agreement of final accounts and additional cost claims
• Placing sub contact orders and agreement of subcontract final accounts
• Ensuring that income from interim applications is received on time
• Liaison and co-ordination to ensure financial report is timely and accurate
• Measure and control key finances
• Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback
• Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
• Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
• In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department and the company as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships.
Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
• Civil or Mechanical Engineering background
• Experience in a similar role
• Knowledge of NEC3 Option C form of contract
• Studying towards membership of an appropriate recognised professional institution
• Educated to B tech / Higher lever (preferably degree level in Quantity Surveying)
• Strong commercial background
• Ability to solicit views across multiple parties, lead discussions and manage interdependencies.
• Ability to build and develop relationships with other employees including project managers
• A knowledge of water/wastewater industry
• Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to work with colleagues whose work will be impacted by your activities.
- Quantity Surveying
- Water Industry
- Water Treatment
- Waste Water Treatment Plants