Our client is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor working within the Waste Water Industry based in the Burnley area
The role involves a range of duties including monthly valuing of the works and making applications for payment; identifying values and agreeing variations with our clients; agreeing final accounts and reporting internally on the financial and contractual status of schemes including completion of monthly financial forecasts. Other responsibilities include procuring and letting sub-contract packages, managing sub-contractors with the site delivery team whilst on site and agreeing final accounts.
The successful applicant must be a good communicator and negotiator; with commercial awareness. Knowledge of construction contracts is preferred. The candidate should have good IT skills with experience of databases and Microsoft Office products. A degree or other qualification in Quantity Surveying would be advantageous but is not essential.
Previous experience in Quantity Surveying, some of which may have been within the Water industry.
- A good working knowledge of various forms of Conditions of Contract
- Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment and materials.
- A relevant Quantity Surveying degree.
- Knowledge of managing subcontract accounts from procurement through to final account.
- Knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes.
- Computer literacy and a good understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- A proactive approach and good communication skills.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not always able to reply to all applications.
If you are looking for a fantastic career opportunity and want to work for a forward thinking Company then apply now with your current updated CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'