Do you have experience with utility diversions? How would you like to work on a major London project?
I'm looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a well-known contractor on a £20m utility diversion package on a major project. This is a freelance position which will involve managing all commercial activities including package and change management, cost forecasting and reporting. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a similar capacity.
Contract length: minimum 12 months
Day rate: Dependant on exp.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Be responsible for initiating and leading tasks/processes
- Be responsible for planning and managing own work, and that of other commercial team members
- Ensure that the contractor's commercial position is protected using in-depth understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes
- Liaise with the client, PQS and Senior staff
- You are expected to manage and provide development/support to other commercial team members
- Reporting to the Commercial Manager
Benefits for you:
- Competitive rates
- The opportunity to work for a well-known contractor
- The chance to work on a major UK project
- A great location, which is easy to get to
- A degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or similar / Equivalent HND (not necessary)
- Experience working on utility diversion
- Working knowledge of NEC/JCT
- Have a very good work ethic and be willing to work hard
If you are interested in this role, or are a Quantity Surveyor looking at your career options, then please contact Morgan Broughton at Randstad CPE on .
Alternatively, if you know someone who may be interested we offer a £200 referral fee for successfully placed candidates.
Add me on LinkedIn to stay updated with all the opportunities I have available for Quantity Surveyors of all levels: https://in/morgan-broughton-171808a7/
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- "qs" OR "quantity surveyor" OR "senior quantity Surveyor" OR "utility diversions"