UKL have been commissioned by a top UK main contractor to recruit for a Commercial team to join them on a long term civil engineering contract in Kent. The company are a market leader in a number of fields and have a proven pedigree in the civil engineering sector.
In this instance they are delivering a utilities contract based from an office near Erith in Kent, they are looking for an intermediate level Quantity Surveyor with experience administrating the NEC form of contract.
This is a contract position, initially for a 6 month period, starting at the end of March 2018.
Responsibilities will vary as Quantity Surveyor but will include:
- Preparing Cost to Complete documentation in line with the Commercial timetable, ensuring financial accuracy when predicting profitability for each scheme.
- Produce accurate monthly accruals.
- Assess exactitude of subcontract valuations/applications for payment, forwarding approved documentation onto the relevant departments.
- Apply risk, value management and cost control mechanisms.
- Undertaking costs analysis comparisons for sub-contracts from tender enquiry to analysis and contract placement.
- Professionally manage subcontracts from first valuation through to final account.
- Ensure predicted profitability is upheld through the lifecycle of the development.
- Accurate quarterly cash flow forecast on assigned packages / projects.
- Experience working for a main contractor or subcontractor as a Quantity Surveyor / Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Degree qualified in a construction or commercial related discipline is preferred
- Civil Engineering / Utilities project experience is preferred
- Candidates MUST have experience working to the NEC3 form of contract
If you are a Quantity Surveyor looking for a new, long term, contract please get in contact with George Cumersdale of UKL Professional.