The Role - Quantity Surveyor (NEC3)
Location - Southampton
Package - Basic to £50k with allowance / car / health.
We're looking to recruit a quantity surveyor to join this multi-billion £ tier one and we've actually got some good flexibility on what kind of QS we can consider.
The purpose of this role is to support the Build Managers and Project Managers through the ownership of all commercial operational issues across a new project region and the aim of the project is the construction of a pure fibre telecoms network.
Based from Southampton, you'll be a key point of contact for all cost & contract management including the development of NEC3 Option A, and you'll be approving the applications for payment, supporting the control of compensation events, assisting or leading the Preparation of Project Final Accounts and the management of all NRSWA commercial issues.
Reporting into the Commercial Manager or Senior Quantity Surveyor, the Quantity Surveyor will have the ownership of the regions commercial activities, including applications, cost management, Sub-contractor management and stock.
The role requires a professional individual who can manage both internal and external stakeholders, an understanding of budgeting and cost control and ability to collaborate closely the regions operational and commercial teams and manage as appropriate. We've got some give on sector background and while this is telecoms network build, we'd be happy to speak with QS's that come from the utilities sector, specifically those that have worked around civils and service in the ground projects. We've got some flexibility on amount of experience and can either go top end of our pay scale by way of an experienced QS or we could discuss the opportunity with a QS that has maybe been in the industry (Telecoms or Utilities) for a couple of years following graduation or qualification.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Sub-Contractor Management - Raising sub-contracts and payments, negotiating rates, mitigating risk, managing change.
* NEC TSC - Managing change ie EWNs and CEs
* Engage and collaborate with Regional Operational teams to establish a sound ongoing knowledge and understanding of operation progress and issues and provide quality support.
* Weekly site measures to obtain robust and accurate internal cost and external value, ensuring timely payment applications, team work and productivity.
* Managing the regions cost team to ensure orders are placed accurately, GRNs raised and spend is within the set forecast spend and relevant to the region.
* Fully support the Commercial Manager or Senior Quantity Surveyor with the preparation of monthly CVRs, paying particular attention to deadlines and other key deliverables.
* Working with operational management to lower spend and reviewing stock takes
* Ensuring applications go into the client in a timely manner
* Driving WIP reduction through application checks
* Ensuring best practice and accuracy in applications
Who are you? Likely background:
* Commercially aware with past knowledge of finance control
* Knowledge of NEC forms of contract (particularly TSC)
* Strong analytical skills and written communication.
* IT literate and experience in working with MS office Applications and Cost Control systems (Causeway)
* Sector experience will either be telecoms or utilities
This is a FTSE 250 company and as such, offers a lot of opportunity and potential, alongside assumed training. Package to start is going to involve car allowance or company car, pension, private health and 25 days holiday.
CRG TEC is an employment business acting on behalf of a client company.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'