I'm looking for a strong QS with 4 - 6 years' experience managing M&E packages on large rail projects. This is an ongoing position working in a team, reporting into a Commercial Manager. The ideal candidate will have a hard-working attitude and be able to manage two projects at once. Based in Kings Cross, you will be required to work on site with the occasional visit to the Central London office. Experience working with a subcontractor is favourable.
Must have experience working with an MEP contractor.
Location: Kings Cross
Roles and responsibilities:
- Preparing subcontract enquiries / quotation comparisons and subcontract documents.
- Commercial management of subcontractors, including processing payments once authorised by senior management.
- Cost monitoring of site resources.
- Production of applications for payments in accordance with the conditions of the contract.
- Providing commercial advice to the site team by advising and using your team's reports.
- Commercially lead meetings concerning performance on key parts of a project
Benefits for you:
- A permanent position within a large utility contractor
- The chance to work on the enabling works for a major UK project
- A great location, which is easy to get to
- The opportunity to progress at a fast pace through a business
- A degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or similar / Equivalent HND (not necessary)
- Experience working on M&E and Rail projects
- Working knowledge of NEC/JCT
- Have a very good work ethic and be willing to work hard
If you are interested in this role, or are a Quantity Surveyor looking at your career options, then please contact Morgan Broughton at Randstad CPE on .
Alternatively, if you know someone who may be interested we offer a £200 referral fee for successfully placed candidates.
Add me on LinkedIn to stay updated with all the opportunities I have available for Quantity Surveyors of all levels: https://in/morgan-broughton-171808a7/
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'