Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce we are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor Lecturer for a college in Oman.
The department of Civil Engineering and Quantity Surveying is looking to appoint an experienced Chartered Quantity Surveyor in a senior position to lead Quantity Surveying Programmes.
Responsibilities of Quantity Surveyor Lecturer
- Review and revision of existing course materials of existing modules such as Property Economics, Financial Accounting, Property Valuation for QS, etc
- Reviewing and updating existing lectures, tutorials, class materials and assessments to provide a wider macro-economic context and greater linkage/practical application to the role of a QS
- Course Development (Full) - New Modules such as Property Investment & Development, Quantity Surveying Practice, Ethics and professional practice, etc. This includes Preparation of full course material (lectures, tutorials, class materials, assignments and exams) taking into account the need to provide a wider market outlook and greater linkage/practical application to the role of a modern QS.
- Course Delivery and Supervision/Coaching: Face to face delivery of existing and new modules, as required by the department and provision of regular interactive support via emails and VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) to students. This also include, but not limited to, assignment/ exam marking, providing feedback to students and all admin related tasks. As this is a senior position, you will also be responsible for supervising /coaching of other teaching team delivering courses that are not delivered by you. You could also be appointed as a Programme Leader for the Quantity Surveying programme or another programme within the department
Requirements needed for role of Quantity Surveyor Lecturer
- Masters in Quantity Surveyor
- Membership of a professional body in subject area is Essential such as being a FULL Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- 5+ years experience as Chartered Quantity Surveyor
- Experience in similar role
- Experience in Course Development.
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- College Teaching
- Course Material
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job