Quantity Surveyor - Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
(Graduate working towards MRICS Accreditation)
To 40k + bens
Our valued client is a Chartered Quantity Surveyors who have extended their services to include Architecture, Building Surveying, Contract Management, Party Wall Advice, Access Consultancy, CDM Co-ordination and Expert Witness, providing a 'one-stop-shop’ solution across a range of projects.
They currently have the following opportunity for a recently graduated Quantity Surveyor.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an outstanding team where you will play an active role in the delivery of project and professional services to a wide range of public and private sector clients, assisting with our further planned expansion into commercial work. They are a well-established multi-disciplined practice providing consultancy services across both the public and private sectors.
Established in 1954. They are currently recruiting to supply their recent success as Quantity Surveyors on major frameworks with the South East of England.
The successful candidate will be working on schemes ranging from £1 - £20 Million assisting Senior and Associate Quantity Surveyors both Pre and Post Contract.
The candidate will be given the experience needed in order to quickly take on responsibility for their own schemes that will suite their stage of development.
Day to day task will include but not limited to;
Procurement and Tendering
Working with both the JCT and NEC Forms of Contract
Contract Administration/ Employers Agent
Measurement to NRM2 standard
Project Financial Control and Reporting
An understanding of all of the above will be required.
To be successful in this role you will;
- Have/ Be working towards an RICS Accredited Quantity Surveying Degree. Previous experience working for a PQS firm will be looked upon favourably but is not a necessity.
- Have an understanding of the task identified above. Previous experience of the tasks will be a bonus.
- Be well organised, efficient, using initiative and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail, a commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships.
- Possess a proactive approach to problem solving and ability to follow these through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Have proven IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD competencies.
- Be flexible, confident and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
- Positive attitude and willing to learn with and develop the team.
Our client provides good benefits and cover professional fees and memberships.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job