Quantity Surveyor (Housing Developer)
£50-60k + Package
A vibrant, dynamic Main Contractor with a reputation for delivering high-quality projects for a long list of blue-chip clients across the country. Their sterling reputation as a contractor has allowed them to branch out in to numerous markets including: Multi-storey Residential, Industrial, Commercial & Retail to name a few.
So where does House-building come into this?
As a result of a number of very successful years of Main Contracting, they have launched a luxury housing development arm. This arm of the business has been up and running for 12 months, and have delivered over 120 units to date. They focus on building high-spec houses with sale values ranging from £500k-1m.
Reporting into the business Commercial Director, you will hold overall responsibility for the housing development arm of the business and will take the reins on all functions from land acquisition, construction phase and final handover. As this part of the business grows, you will be tasked with recruiting a commercial team. Typical roles and responsibilities will include:
• Identifying new land opportunities.
• The identification and procurement of suitable sub-contractors.
• The negotiation and letting of subcontracts within required timescales.
• Providing the cost-data feedback to Estimating Department.
• Administration & management of the financial aspects of the developments.
• Reviewing and forecasting the latest cost estimates and reporting.
You will be given the opportunity to earn up to £60,000 per annum. Car or car allowance is included in their benefits package as well as a competitive pension contribution and private healthcare.