My client is a leading residential construction company specialising high-end residential projects with all of the works the company takes on is Architect led, predominantly for private clients. Contracts are often won by negotiation rather by competitive tender. Typically, the company is running 5 or more projects at any one time, valuing between £250,000 to £2M.
The Company is looking for a Quantity Surveyor with estimating experience with interior, refurb and design with high end residential projects. To be a part of a small team reporting to the Director, you will be actively involved in much of the company's business.
You will work very closely with the Contract Managers and the Director in making decisions on procurement and will require strong commercial and people skills as well as good contractual awareness.
The ability to get on well with others and be able to calmly and effectively analyse problems as they arise and then quickly reach the right decisions as part of a team is vital, as is the need for a good sense of humour. The willingness to learn and the will and desire to reach the highest standards, together with a positive attitude are essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Producing detailed tender returns consisting of a mixutres of packaged sub contracts and measured works to direct labour using agreed schedule of rates
- Measure monthly work in progress for each live project and produce cost value reports for monthly management meetings
- Procurement of subcontracts
- Monitor, control and agree subcontract variation accounts
- Prepare materials schedules and take-offs
- Prepare and issue materials enquiries
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 4 years' experience as a Estimator or Quantity Surveyor
- Experience of high end residential projects for both private and commercial clients
- Proven ability of producing and managing accurate estimates/budgets
- Able to successfully negotiate estimates and change orders with contractors
- Able to value engineer and make savings where necessary
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, and be a team player
- Advanced skills with spreadsheets and report writing
- Comfortable in dealing with end client
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"