Leading civil engineering contractor within the North West is looking for a Quantity Surveyor in Cumbria to work on various civil engineering projects throughout the south of the region.
This owner operated Civil Engineering Company has grown dramatically in recent years and has multiple divisions within the civil engineering sector. Working on a variety of project throughout the region they have a longstanding reputation within the sector which has given them a strong order book.
Working on large scale infrastructure project within the Lancashire region you will manage all costing from conception to the completion of the final account. You will be in charge of minimizing any cost on the project while achieving the highest standard and quality.
This role will require you working on various sites across the North West. Throughout the duration of the project you will be in charge of all variations to the contract which will effect costs and create reports to show the profitability of the project.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- Performing risk, value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Allocating work to subcontractors;
- Providing advice on contractual claims;
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
Minimum 2 years post graduate experience within the civil sector
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job