One of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas.
Environmental Products and Power Analyst is a permanent role based in London within the Power and Emissions Trading Department reporting to the Head of Power and Emissions Trading.
MAIN JOB FUNCTION:
Support Emissions Trading and Power Trading.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
The job holder will provide support to the Power and Emissions Trading Team in the key areas described below:
- Support Emissions Trading by:
o Assuming responsibility for the timely transfer of emissions and potentially energy efficiency certificates between trading and the various business units;
o Take ownership of emission forecast data collection of the business with emissions that fall under the EU;
o Act as the focal point for any emissions business data requests from internal stakeholders;
o Facilitate internal emissions transactions resulting from cross selling emission solutions to new and existing gas and power customers;
o Following regulatory developments in the environmental products space and sharing relevant insights.
- Support Power Trading by:
o Being a subject matter expert on the formation on carbon emission prices as well as coal prices and dry bulk freight rates;
o Carrying out ad-hoc analyses on drivers for power prices or anomalous power price patterns.
- Drive IT enhancements required to trade new and existing environmental or power contracts by being the interface between Front Office and departments such as IT or Middle Office.
- Drive new product or new market approval processes by engaging with internal departments to obtain sign offs for such approvals.
- Adhere to all relevant compliance and trading procedures and rules.
- Bachelor’s (equivalent) degree or higher in a quantitative subject.
- Up to 3 years of work experience in a trading house, utility, analytics provider, consultancy.
- Experience in environmental products and energy (ideally electricity or coal) markets.
- Ability to build models to analyse a) price formation and b) manage trading positions.
- Understanding of the fundamental drivers of coal and the European power, gas and carbon markets.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate.
- Ability to work under pressure, time constraints and to establish priorities.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong team working skills and ability to nurture effective relationships internally and externally.
- Front Office
- Quantitative Models
- Quantitative Research
- Position Management
- Quantitative Risk