Quantitative Software Developer
The ideal candidate will have a PhD or Master’s Equivalent in Mathematics, Science, Engineering, or other numerate degree, from a top tier university. Strong technologist with development experience in one or more of object oriented languages such as Python, Java, Matlab, C#, or other statistical programming language; experience with databases including SQL.
Join a dynamic group with an unwavering focus on developing cutting-edge technology for Quantitative Investment Management. Success is founded on the application of the scientific method in investment analysis, and an entrepreneurial culture. The team is comprised of professionals from prestigious international universities, and is responsible for development from inception of ideas for new models to production (including programming, testing and implementation of successful technologies within the live trading structure), monitoring model performance, and enhancing the performance of existing models. The team operates a proprietary state-of-the-art automated platform and applies rigorous systematic risk management methodologies. The successful candidate will work closely with other quants and professionals in IT, risk control, and electronic Execution. It’s an exceptional place to work, and your input will be recognised and rewarded accordingly.
The role involves research and development of trading strategies using both strong coding abilities and quantitative methodologies. Experience within finance with any asset class is desirable. Strategies in Equities (US and EU), FX, Commodities (Metals, Energy, Gas etc.) are implemented in the company’s trading environment. Previous experience in relevant execution Algo/eTrading models, from a quant development, technology, trading or model validation perspective is desirable. A broad range of experience will be considered, but you will need a solid academic background and to be open to new ideas. It will be part of your responsibility to:
- contribute to the model building and validation practices to the new area of algorithmic and electronic trading models;
- perform independent reviews of algorithmic trading models;
- contribute to the testing framework for algorithmic trading models, ensuring that new and changed algos will not have a negative impact on the markets or our clients;
- provide an expert assessment of, and contribute to the monitoring of the performance of trading algorithms versus their intended aims;
- create high-quality, real-world code;
- challenge the existing design.
Responsibilities and skills
We are looking for excellent development and quantitative analysis skills, and someone who enjoys solving challenging technical problems. You will thrive in our collaborative, fast-paced environment to build your career as part of a global technology team. We seek candidates who can demonstrate their passion for innovation and quality of solutions through their contribution in previous professional roles or projects (either academic or personal). The role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities. Recent experience in a financial institution, or asset management in financial engineering, structuring, and/or trading is an advantage.
The company seeks:
- Experience working with large data sets
- Strong coding ability
- Ability to articulate clearly in group presentations via phone or face-to-face
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Ability to work with multiple groups across reporting lines
- Experience using Bloomberg, and other data and pricing platforms
- Communicative and able to explain (technical) topics clearly and intuitively
- Co-operative and team-orientated, while being able to motivate and organize yourself
Any Greek / English language skills useful but not essential for this International Company.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'