CDS Recruitment are working with our client who are looking to recruit an experienced Quality Technician on a permanent basis. The main purpose of the role is to check product quality at the necessary stages as defined in procedures or contract specifications. Assist the Quality & Environmental Manager in the maitenance of the quality system and carry out audits as required.
Duties and responsibilities:- Maintain the highest level high level of 6S . Lean ways of working *Goods inwards inspection: check quality is acceptable; paperwork is correct and then release goods on the ERP system.
* Scrap reports: collect and input these reports for the Key Performance Indicators. * Audits: carry out regularly as defined in the schedule in the Quality Manual.
*Customers and suppliers: visits to be made as and when required for audits or other reason.
* Oversee the non destructive testing activities and put in place measures so that all equipment is checked and work is being carried out.
* Final inspection of finished goods and release to the customer, including the preparation of document packs.
* Liaise with other departments on matters affecting product quality
* Job related skills, knowledge and general attainment equivalent to (essential):
* Engineering qualification ie ONC / City & Guilds or equivalent
* Time served Apprenticeship
* Experience working within a manufacturing environment and quality management systems
* Experience using problem solving quality tools
* Analytical skills
* Good communication skills
* Good IT Skills
* Ability to analyse data, identify key problems and implement solutions
* Experience & qualification in NDT techniques inc UTMPI & DPI
* Experience of working with ERP systems
* Working knowledge of 6S's / Lean management methodology
* Experience in statistical process control techniques
* Experience in the use of FMEA's process flows and control plans
* Internal auditing experience & Qualification
If you are an experienced Quality Technician looking for a new challenge, please click apply now
- Quality Technician
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'