Reporting directly to The Quality Co-ordinator, The QA Product Technician is responsible for:
* Maintaining product quality within the manufacturing department to ISO/TS 16949: 2009 requirements.
* Supporting the Shift Team Leaders and Production personnel with all Quality related issues.
Main Duties include,
* Carrying out the 1st Off Procedure - Recording weights, measuring parts, Fusion Testing and recording on QA computer - return completed 1st off's to press for run verification.
* Preparation of all Final Audit Inspection Record Sheets - Performing the Final Audit Procedure, completing Product Verification sheets, recording & maintaining the documentation. Ensure all completed Final audit sheets are copied and passed to Quality Co-ordinator for Dry weight recording.
* Preparing Tool Change Requirements - Ensure Fit & Function gauges, CQS sheets, I/D cards, Bar Code Labels, Last Off samples are available for Tool changes to take place.
* Carry out The Daily Production Process Quality Audit - Recording non-conformities / findings, liaising with Team Leaders / Process Technicians to resolve all Quality related issues.
* Carry out the Hourly Wet Weight & Fit & Function requirements on all Production Presses. Completing SPC sheets and communicating with Team Leaders / Process Technicians if Weight specifications are not being maintained.
* Fit & Function Gauges - Understanding the requirements of the Fit & Function gauge in order to check parts effectively. Ensure the Fit & Function gauges are clean and fit for use, perform regular checks and clean as necessary.
* Last Off - Inspecting the Last Off parts from previous run, completing label information, record into Last Off log. Ensure parts are retained correctly for the next production run.
* SPC sheets - Ensure correct sheets are available at the start of the shift, complete the sheets with Wet weight information, and inform Team Leaders / Technician when parts fall out of specification. Ensure all completed sheets are passed to Quality Co-ordinator for Wet weight recording.
* Use of Measuring Equipment - Using Digital Verniers, Digital Probes, Height Gauge, Fusion Meter to ensure parts are within specification.
* Re-Subs - Ensure weekly Re-subs are performed in time and information entered onto computer.
* 5s / Housekeeping - Responsible for keeping the work area safe and tidy, clean up at the end of each shift, Ensure the computer and lights are switched off when required. Ensure the oven is switched off after the last shift of the week and not left on during the weekend.
* Customer Concerns - Ability to communicate effectively with customers during customer visits in dealing with Complaints / Concerns. Checking / Verifying / Re-working parts to customer requirements.
* Other duties as required.
6am to 2pm, 10pm to 6am and 2pm to 10pm
These are rotating shifts reporting to the production team leaders.
Reporting to the Quality Co-Ordinator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job